- Is the paper well-grounded in the contemporary literature on the topic?
- Does it make clear the contribution it aims to make to that literature? And succeed in making that contribution?
- Does it present a coherent argument for its position, and are positions, propositions or hypotheses persuasively developed? Do conclusions follow persuasively from the argument?
- Is written expression clear, concise and accessible to students and academics with an interest in this field?
- Please highlight poor grammar or spelling. 'American' or 'English' spellings are acceptable, providing they are used consistently. It is not the reviewer's role to correct but helpful to identify errors.
- Are heading levels appropriate and concise?
- Has ethical clearance been shown for research papers? Are ethical processes followed included in the body of the article?
- Are references accurate and timely, and consistent throughout? Do in-text citations appear in References, and vice-versa as appropriate?
Como un botica, hay de todo, y no todos los artículos rechazados "cojean del mismo pie", la lista anterior puede ser útil a manera de checklist antes de enviar un artículo a evaluación...